Ekho - Chinese text-to-speech software
(supports Cantonese, Mandarin)
(updated on Feb 5, 2017)
Ekho (余音) is a free, open source and multilingual text-to-speech (TTS) software. It supports Cantonese (Chinese dialect spoken in Hong Kong and part of Guangdong province), Mandarin (standard Chinese), Toisanese, Zhaoan Hakka (a dialect in Taiwan), Tibetan, Ngangien (an ancient Chinese before Yuan Dynasty) and Korean (in trial). It can also speak English through eSpeak or Festival. Ekho supports Linux, windows and Android platforms.
Try following form for demo:
Here are some recommended versions:
- Linux: ekho-7.5.tar.xz (44M)
- Windows (32bit, SAPI5): ekho-6.5.exe (37M)
- Windows (32bit, SAPI5, for Chinese-Spanish bilingual users): ekho-spanish-4.9.3.exe (21M)
- Android 4.0+: ekho-5.8.apk (12M) with Cantonese and English
- Android 2.x: ekho-5.6.apk (5.8M)
- Download Cantonese version from Google Play
Download page for all versions: Ekho (余音)
Source code is hosted at Github
Want to write Web page with voice? Take a look at WebSpeech!
If you want to use Ekho as a Chinese learning tool, Gradint may be a more suitable choice.
For Windows users, Balabolka is recommended to used with Ekho.
Here are some documents for users:
Here are some documents for developers:
License: GPL v2